The 1834 map shows some development but really very little has changed in 30 years. Two breweries are shown at the end of Mansfield Place – presumably using the River Fleet. Grapes Place has been built, going south from Mansfield Place. This is now lost in the industrial area there. The area of Spring Place has been built up slightly.
Down Anglers Lane is Alpha Place, the present beginning of Raglan Street, showing houses where the Day Centre now stands. Further South, Grafton Place has been built which later becomes the beginning of Prince of Wales Road.
The fields have started to be called Nurseries – maybe reflecting a move from lower value agricultural use to higher value horticultural?